Thursday, December 29, 2022

Tested

 Scripture:

“Then I will purify them and put them to the test, just as gold and silver are purified and tested. They will pray in my name, and I will answer them. I will say, “You are my people,” and they will reply, “You, Lord, are our God!””  ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭13‬:‭9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God declares over His people that after judgment comes, He will purify them and test them like gold and silver are purified and tested. When He tests them, He will say,, “You are my people.” And they will reply, “You, Lord, are our God!” Sometimes God will test us and allow us to go through the fire, then wants to know if He can still be our God and we be His people.

Application:

When we are tested by the Lord, it is not to judge us, condemn us, or punish us. It is to see whether we will run to Him or not. He wants to know that He is our God, no matter what comes our way. He wants to know that we are His people, even when we are being tested. We must mass each test by reply, “You are my God and I will serve You.”

Prayer:

Father God, help me to respond well to the tests that come into my life. Let my response always be that You are my God and I will serve You with all my heart. When I’m tested, let me come out as pure gold. Let my heart remain right with You, even in dark times. You are truly my God and I will have no other gods before You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment