Friday, December 16, 2022

Heaven on Earth

 Scripture:

“After this, I saw a large crowd with more people than could be counted. They were from every race, tribe, nation, and language, and they stood before the throne and before the Lamb. They wore white robes and held palm branches in their hands,”. ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7‬:‭9‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

John saw this vision of worship in heaven. First I see the crowd cannot be counted. Second I see they were from every race, tribe, nation, and language. Third I see they wore white robes and held palm branches in their hands. This description is a beautiful picture of the extent of God’s kingdom. When we get to heaven, there is no fashion comparisons, we all wear white robes. When we get to heaven, there is no segregation, everyone was gathered “together” around the throne.

Application:

Jesus taught us to pray, “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..” In heaven, countless people are worshiping. We must reach more people if earth is to reflect heaven. In heaven fashion goes out the window. We must not judge people by their clothing or look, but by their heart. In heaven, there is no segregation. We must never allow racism or comparing by ethnicity in our lives on earth. We must love our brothers and sisters deeply on earth as it is in heaven.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done. On earth as it is in heaven. Help me to make earth look more like heaven. Empower my life to make a difference and to help bring change. I want earth to look more like heaven as You taught us to pray. Let my family, my church, my ministry, always extend Your kingdom and make earth look more like heaven.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment