Sunday, December 11, 2022

Concern for the City

 Scripture:

“In that city of Nineveh there are more than 120,000 people who cannot tell right from wrong, and many cattle are also there. Don't you think I should be concerned about that big city?” ‭‭Jonah‬ ‭4‬:‭11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jonah didn’t want to preach to Nineveh because they were the enemies of his people, but God had a heart for Nineveh. When Jonah complained to God because the city repented and He stopped His judgment, the Lord told him, “Don’t you think I should be concerned about that big city?” Cities far from God are still on the heart of God and we must be willing to go to them.

Application:

God is concerned about cities and nations that have no witness for Christ. He is concerned about populations that have opposed Him for generations. God loves people! It is who He is. He loves to see people turn from their wicked ways and follow Him, whether they are Jew or Gentile. If God so loves the world, we too should so love the world. May God give us concern for the city He sends us to.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more and more. Let me have Your concern for the cities You have sent me to. Let me feel what You feel for the people of this region and in all regions You open for me to go to. I want to represent You well. Let me have Your concern for populations that are far from You.

Your Son Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment