Monday, December 26, 2022

Not My Strength… GOD’S

 Scripture:

“So the angel explained that it was the following message of the Lord to Zerubbabel: I am the Lord All-Powerful. So don't depend on your own power or strength, but on my Spirit. Zerubbabel, that mountain in front of you will be leveled to the ground. Then you will bring out the temple's most important stone and shout, “God has been very kind.””  ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭CEV‬

Observation:

Zechariah makes this powerful statement of the Lord to Zerubbabel. I have never read this in the CEV. He says, “Don’t depend on your own power or strength, but on my Spirit. Zerubbabel, that mountain in front of you will be leveled to the ground.” God first reminds him, “I am the Lord All-Powerful.” Then He tells him, not to depend on his own strength, but on God’s. 

Application:

Sometimes we get over confident and think we can defeat enemies with our own power and strength. Our hope is never in ourselves, it is in God. I need to be reminded once in a while that God has my back and will defeat those who are against me. I must never look to what my resources are because God has unlimited resources. What I can’t do with my power and strength, is nothing for the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk at a new level of trust with You. You have always taken good care of those who are Your own. Teach me this year to work WITH You more and FOR You. Help me to not waste my strength on things You are going to do supernaturally. Let me live at a greater level of trust than I have ever known before.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment