Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Justice

 Scripture:

“So once again, I, the Lord All-Powerful, tell you, “See that justice is done and be kind and merciful to one another! Don't mistreat widows or orphans or foreigners or anyone who is poor, and stop making plans to hurt each other.””  ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭7‬:‭8‬-‭10‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here through Zechariah and tells His people that they need to walk in justice, be kind, and merciful to each other. He tells them not to mistreat widows, orphans, or foreigners, or anyone who is poor.  God hates injustice and can’t bless when we look down on others. When we take care of the poor, the widow, the orphan, etc. God will take care of us. 

Application:

The poor, the foreigner, the orphan, the widow, the homeless, etc. are always the ones God wants us to take care of. Jesus said, “When you did it to the least of theses, you did it to me.” How we treat the poor and broken is how we are treating Jesus. We want to treat Him well. Therefore, we must be about the business of taking care of those in need without judgment.

Prayer:

Father God, help me to see justice as You see justice. Help me to walk with You closely enough that I can sense what You are feeling. I want to make You happy and bring joy to You. Help me to see the hurting like You see them. Help me to walk in justice and never have imbalanced scales. Teach me to live like You desire Your children to live.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment