Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Ordinary People Become Prophets

 Scripture:

“Everyone is terrified when a lion roars— and ordinary people become prophets when the Lord God speaks.”  ‭‭Amos‬ ‭3‬:‭8‬ ‭CEV

Observation

Amos says here that ordinary people become prophets when the Lord God speaks. In other words, when God has something to say, He will use anyone and everyone who will declare what He is saying. He doesn’t look for titles or positions. When God has a message to send to His people, He will speak through any available messenger.

Application:

I want to live in a place of readiness for whatever the Lord says to do. God doesn’t only use apostles and prophets, pastors, teachers, and evangelists. He uses whoever will speak on His behalf and accurately represent Him. Our job is to live in a place of readiness to hear what He is speaking and be willing to convey what He is saying.

Prayer:

Father, Here am I. I open my life to You for Your purposes. Once again, here I am. I lay my life and future in Your hands. Use my voice to speak Your words. Use my hands to touch people in need. Use my feet to go where You want me to go. Use my ears to listen to the voice of the broken. Use my life for Your glory.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment