Friday, December 9, 2022

Obedience and Love

 Scripture:

“Love means we do what God tells us. And from the beginning, he told you to love him.” ‭‭2 John‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

I love this use of speech. Love means we do what God tells us, God tells us to love Him from the beginning. It equates love and obedience. It also says, Love obeys and obedience is loving God. You cannot separate love and obedience when it comes to the Lord.

Application:

Our society has dramatically changed. Everyone wants to do what is right for them. Everyone wants their own truth. There is a general sense that obedience is bondage and we should only obey what we understand. God doesn’t operate that way. He doesn’t ask if we feel good about what He asks, He demands obedience, even when we don’t understand why or feel good about it. With God there is only one answer, “Yes Sir”. No other responses are worthy of what He has done for us. His command to us, “Love”. Love God and love others. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to love well and to walk in obedience every day of my life. Teach me to follow You well. Empower me to love and You love and to live as You live. I love You and want to serve You well in my generation. Teach me to hear Your voice and respond to Your call at all times. You are my everything. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment