Monday, December 5, 2022

Praying God’s Will

 Scripture:

“We are certain God will hear our prayers when we ask for what pleases him.” ‭‭1 John‬ ‭5‬:‭14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

John says here that we can be certain that God will hear our prayers when we ask for what pleases Him. Put another way, maybe sometimes our prayers don’t get answered because we are asking for something that is our will instead of God’s will and what he wants. 

Application:

The ultimate goal of prayer should be communion with God, not getting our prayer needs met. Intimacy with God allows us the hear His heart and pray for what He wants us to pray. When our prayers are mostly about us and what we think God needs to do for us, we are missing the mark. God wants us to know Him, not just as a Santa Clause, where we put in our list of what we want, but where we pray for what God desires.

Prayer:

Father, help me to pray in a way that honors You. I want to pray effectively. I want to know You and Your heart on every matter. I want to pray according to Your will, but I need to know Your will in order to do that. Teach me to hear Your voice and spend more time with You. I want to know Your heart.

Yours Truly,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment