Saturday, December 3, 2022

Never Too Late

 Scripture:

“The Lord said: It isn't too late. You can still return to me with all your heart. Start crying and mourning! Go without eating.”  ‭‭Joel‬ ‭2‬:‭12‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here through Joel and tells His people, who were far from Him, “It isn’t too late. You can still return to me with all your heart.” God saw His people and knew the remedy for their problems, He just needed them to start crying and mourning and fasting, and return to Him with all their heart. 

Application:

I think of America, a country that once served the Lord and honored Him to the best of their ability. I can hear the words of the prophet coming through to this country, “It’s not too late! You can still return to me with all your heart.” With God, it’s never too late. Right up to the point of judgment He leaves the door open for repentance and turns back to Him. If we don’t respond, judgment will come. If we respond and humble ourselves, we can avert the coming disaster. It’s never too late with God! 

Prayer:

Father, I know there is a point when You give a people over to themselves and judge them. Right up until that time, You have always sought for a way to avoid judgment. I realize, I don’t represent all of America, but I run to You with all my heart and I ask You to let more and more Americans cry out to You. Let more and more Americans turn their lives to Christ. Pour out Your Spirit on this nation before judgment starts. Let us see one more great awakening.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment