Thursday, December 22, 2022

Faith and Patience

 Scripture:

“At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting— it will happen!”  ‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2‬:‭3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God says here that we can trust His word. If He says something will come to pass. It will come to pass. If he promises something, you can depend on it. The problem is usually a problem of timing. His timing is not our timing. One day with the Lord is like a thousand years. Therefore, we seldom understand His timing. 

Application:

When God speaks… It will happen! Our job is to wait until it does. What God speaks in our lives, in His word, or through someone else, will come to pass if it was from Him and if we do our part. We just have to wait longer than we want sometimes to get on His timing and off of ours. Patience is one of the godliest traits a person can have. Patience with the plans and purposes of God for our lives can be frustrating, but when we leave it to God, He is incredible at bringing everything to pass as He said He would.

Prayer:

Father, give me faith to hear Your word and act on it. Give me patience to wait for Your promises to be fulfilled. You always come through, just not always on my timetable. Help me to surrender, not only to Your will, but to Your timing in my life. I am Yours. Help me to remain in that place until You move.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment