Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Mercy and Unity

 Scripture:

“So I became a shepherd of those sheep doomed to be slaughtered by the sheep dealers. And I gave names to the two sticks I used for tending the sheep: One of them was named “Mercy” and the other “Unity.””‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭11‬:‭7‬ ‭CEV‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Zechariah here and tells his that He became a shepherd of those who were going to be slaughtered. He used two sticks to shepherd them, “Mercy” and “Unity”.  In other words, The Lord was going to shepherd those who had no hope and He was going to lead them with mercy and unity. They rebelled and He ended up breaking the sticks in frustration. God’s heart was to lead with mercy and unity.

Application:

Mercy and Unity are leadership lessons that can go a long way. When leading people, we need to be merciful with those who are not meeting our expectations. We also need to do our best to keep unity on our team. This balance is difficult, but it was God’s way of leading and I want it to be my way of leading. Unity brings God’s commanded blessing and mercy is at the heart of God always. 

Prayer:

Father, let me lead with mercy and bring unity within the ranks. Help me to walk in mercy and grace and follow Your example. Teach me to bring unity. Help me to be a unifier of people and one who demonstrates being merciful. I want to represent You well and do things Your way. Help me to do it well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment