Saturday, December 24, 2022

God First, All Else Second

 Scripture:

“that the Lord All-Powerful had said to them and to the people: You say this isn't the right time to build a temple for me. But is it right for you to live in expensive houses, while my temple is a pile of ruins? Just look at what's happening.”  ‭‭Haggai‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬-‭5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God speaks through Haggai here and tells His people that they have built for themselves nice, big, houses, but haven’t thought about building a place for Him. He explains that this is why their money is not blessed and their land is not blessed. In other words, when we take care of God’s house first, everything else is blessed and there will be more than enough.

Application:

Jesus said, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.” As a believer, God doesn’t want to be an afterthought. He wants to be the center of our lives. He wants to be the one who leads us. He wants our lives to center around Him first and foremost, then we can live in His blessing. When we take care of God’s priorities, He will take care of us. God is looking for people who think about His will and kingdom first and foremost.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of honor and praise. Help me to build Your house before I build mine. Teach me to keep my priorities in proper alignment. I want to extend Your Kingdom. Help me to do that, and then bless my house and take care of my family. I put You first. Be glorified in my life. Help me to do Your will. Make me sensitive to Your voice and let me see what You want to do in al situations. Your Kingdom come. Your will be done.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment