Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sweet Bitter Instead of Bitter Sweet

 Scripture:

“When I went over to ask the angel for the little scroll, the angel said, “Take the scroll and eat it! Your stomach will turn sour, but the taste in your mouth will be sweet as honey.” I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. The taste was sweet as honey, but my stomach turned sour.” ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭CEV

Observation:

There was a scroll in heaven and John was told to take it and eat it. He was told that this scroll would turn sour in his stomach, but it would be sweet in his mouth. He took it and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey, but turned his stomach sour. 

Application:

The Word of God is rich and sweet. I love reading it every day and doing these SOAPs. It also has an effect on you when you read it. Sometimes you’re going to read things you really don’t like and it will go sour. Sometimes, as we digest the Word, it changes us on the inside, creating internal sourness. Sometimes the Word of God will bring conviction that we are not all we thought we were and that we need to change. In any case, the Word of God is sweeter than honey, but can turn things sour in your belly as you live it out.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know Your word more and more. I want to hear Your voice and walk with You at a deep level. As I open Your word, speak to me and let it taste like honey. Let me also feel the conviction of the Spirit when I read Your word that challenges and changes me. I want to grow into Your likeness and image. Work in me every day and let me devour Your word.

Your Son,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart Pastor Jeff.

    ReplyDelete