Friday, December 2, 2022

God’s Invitation

 Scripture:

“We have everything we need to live a life that pleases God. It was all given to us by God's own power, when we learned he had invited us to share in his wonderful goodness.”  ‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Peter tells us here that God has already given us everything we need to live a life that pleases God. That leaves us without excuse. He goes on to say that God gave it to us by His own power when He invited us to share in His wonderful goodness. We have been invited to share in God’s goodness. What a powerful thought.

Application:

This verse leaves me excuseless. God has given me everything I need to live how He wants me to live. I need to accept His invitation and share in His goodness. If I have been invited somewhere, I just need to RSVP and let them know I’m coming. I need to let God know I want to share in His wonderful goodness. Only God can do this. We can’t do it on our own. As for me, I’m accepting the invitation.

Prayer:

Father, I accept Your invitation, paid by the blood of Your Son. I want to live a life that glorifies Your name and that You can work through. I want to live a life that pleases You and You have already given me what it takes to do that. Thank You for preparing the way for us, now help me to stay on the path and work more intimately with You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment