Friday, December 30, 2022

Covenant

 Scripture:

“I am telling you this, so I can continue to keep my agreement with your ancestor Levi. I blessed him with a full life, as I had promised, and he kept his part of the agreement by honoring me and respecting my name.”  ‭‭Malachi‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God blessed Levi and continued His agreement with him. It says here that God blessed him with a full life and Levi did his part by honoring and respecting God’s name. A covenant is an agreement between two parties. God does His part and we do our part. 

Application:

Today, many people feel that God’s covenant is one sided, He loves us and blesses us no matter if we ever do our part or not because of His amazing grace. Covenants are always two sided. They are agreements about how people will live relationally. Covenants are never one sided, where one gets all the blessings and does nothing. We need to walk in covenant with God if we want His blessings and covenant means we have some things we need to do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in covenant with You and not just expect Your blessings on my life because You love me so much. Help me to do my part in our relationship. I don’t just want Your blessings, I want to walk with You in agreement. I want to live according to Your ways. I want to live a life that You want to bless and that brings Your honor and praise. Let my covenant be real and pure.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment