Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Our Claims May Not Always Be True

 Scripture:

“You claim to be rich and successful and to have everything you need. But you don't know how bad off you really are. You are pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.”  ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

John writes here to the church of Laodicea and tells them that they claim to be rich and successful, and to have everything they need, but they don’t know they are really pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. There is a huge difference between what they thought, and what God thought about them. 

Application:

We must walk in reality and ask God to reveal Himself to us daily. I don’t want to see the Lord and have Him say to me, “You thought you were pretty good, but you were miserable.” I want to hear, “Well done good and faithful servant.” I don’t want any surprises when I see Jesus face to face. I want to live a pure and open life that God can correct at any time.

Prayer:

Father, have Your way in my life. Show me where things are not right. Help me to walk in step with You at all times. Keep my feet on Your path. Show me how to respond in each and every situation. Let me live a life that pleases You. Walk with me. Talk with me. Show me Your heart. Open the treasures of Your wisdom and let me walk in it. 

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment