Friday, May 1, 2020

Don’t Waver

Scripture:

“He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is speaking here of Abraham, who is considered the father of faith.  He said that Abraham knew Sarah’s womb was far past child bearing and that the promise of God was impossible in the flesh, yet Abraham was strengthened in faith, giving glory to  God.  Abraham didn’t waver in his faith concerning what was physically impossible.   He stood and chose to believe the promise of God over the physical reality of his old age.

Application:

I want to live in “unwavering faith.”  I know in my mind and heart that God can do absolutely anything, yet I still waver at times concerning whether He WILL do that thing.  It is with faith and patience that we inherit the promises of God.  Sometimes things don’t happen on our time schedule, we must learn to trust God anyway, knowing that a delay is not a denial.  

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Teach me to live in unwavering faith like Abraham, who would look at an impossible situation and not waver at the promise You made to him.  You are good and I trust You with my life.  Let me walk in step with You day by day and see Your promises come to pass.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment