Saturday, May 23, 2020

Speak the Same Thing

Scripture:

“Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is opening his letter to the Corinthians and pleaded with them to all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among them.  He wanted them to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and judgement.  Paul felt it was critical that God’s people all spoke the same thing and that there was no division.  A divided church will not stand.

Application:

As a leader, it is my job to keep people speaking the same thing and to make sure there is no division.  My goal is to help people be perfectly joined together in the same mind.  This has been the hardest thing to accomplish in leadership.  I believe a key is to get people saying the same thing as Paul says here.  If we are continually saying the same thing, we will end up on the same page.  I need to communicate the vision often and powerfully, then rally the groups around it so there is no division.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to lead well.  Help me to get people speaking the same thing and use me to bring unity in the body.  Enable me to get people going the same direction and to have the same goals.  This is difficult in a generation where everyone believes they are right, but I know all things are possible with You.  Let people grab a hold of leading people to Encounter Christ, Engage in Growth and Extend Your Kingdom.  Let us be united in doing these main things.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment