Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Word in Quarantine

Scripture:

“Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭16:13-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

As Paul was ending his letter to the Corinthians he tells them to do certain things.  This is kind of a general ending to his letter, but I love his words.  He tells them to “watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong” and “Let all that you do be done with love.”  If we lived by these words, we would be strong in the Lord.

Application:

We need to “watch” at this time what the enemy is up to and is dong.  We also need to watch what the Lord is doing and be part of it.  We are to stand fast in our faith.  I need to stand strong when I don’t know what to do.  We are to be brave and strong.  I desire to lead bravely and strongly, yet with the love Paul speaks of as he closes this section.  Strong, powerful, enduring, love is what I am after.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead well during this time of Coronavirus.  Teach me to keep watch, to be strong in faith, and to be brave and strong for those around me.  Help me to do everything with love.  Let the Spirit of God and love be the driving forces in my life.  Help me to lead better and stronger to make more impact for Your kingdom.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment