Friday, May 15, 2020

Hearing From God

Scripture:

“And when Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by the prophets. Then Saul said to his servants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her.” And his servants said to him, “In fact, there is a woman who is a medium at En Dor.””
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭28:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Saul was in a bind.  The Philistines had gathered together against him and he sought a word from the LORD.  He was right in asking the LORD what to do about the situation, but when he didn’t hear from the LORD about it, he sought a medium to conduct a seance to bring up Samuel the prophet who always had the word of the LORD.  He operated in the flesh to get a word from God instead of waiting on the LORD and it got him in trouble.

Application:

Many of us struggle in hearing from the LORD.  It is a passion of mine to hear the word of the LORD clearly and to obey fully, but sometimes I don’t hear anything.  This verse reminds me not to step into the flesh and lean on my own understanding when I haven’t heard from God, but to wait on the LORD and a word from Him.  I don’t want to act on things that I haven’t heard from the LORD about.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to hear Your voice clearly and to act on it immediately.  I want to serve You well in my generation.  Help me not to do my own thing or operate in the flesh when I haven’t heard from You.  I want open communication and to know Your will and Your voice every day.  Help me to focus in and hear from You instead of just relying on myself and my own plans and agendas.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment