Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hungry for the Presence of the LORD

Scripture:

“David was afraid of the LORD that day; and he said, “How can the ark of the LORD come to me?””
‭‭II Samuel‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Ark of the LORD was extremely important to David.  One of the first things he did as king was to try to bring back the ark.  The ark, in David’s day, was where the very presence of God dwelt.  At that point in time, God’s presence was on the mercy seat on the ark.  David had tried to bring the ark back, but failed and here we see him saying, “How can the ark of the LORD come to me?”

Application:

David desired the presence of the LORD!  He knew that the key to his power and victory was having the presence of the LORD with him.  Today, the veil of the Temple has been torn because of Jesus and we have access at all times to the presence of the LORD, but we need to desire it.  The presence of the LORD now lives in jars of clay.  We have something that kings and priests desired diligently.  We sneed to honor the presence of the LORD in our lives and host his presence well.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, I want more of your presence in my life.  I realize theologically that I have everything I need, but I desire more of You.  I realize that I have access, but I long for Your presence more and more in my life.  Teach me to walk in Your Spirit at all times and to honor Your presence in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment