Sunday, May 3, 2020

Humility

Scripture:

“Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is telling the Romans about how to live with each other an dhow to get along well.  He tells them not to set their minds on high things, but to associate with the humble and not to be wise in your own opinion.  Humility goes a long way when you are dealing with people.

Application:

Moses was called the most humble person who ever walked the earth.  Jesus walked in humility.  We need to be people who are like Christ, walking in humility and not thinking we know everything.  When we come off as a know it all, we do damage to ourselves and others.  We must learn that nobody is below us because we are the servants of all.  If I can keep my mind on serving others, I will walk out humility.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility and servant hood.  Help me to never think higher of myself than I ought.  Teach me to never be wise in my own opinion, but to humble myself.  You are the incredible one.  You are the source of all knowledge and strength.  My trust is in You and not my own opinions.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment