Tuesday, May 12, 2020

God Always Has A Backup Plan

Scripture:

“So the priest said, “The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom you killed in the Valley of Elah, there it is, wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod. If you will take that, take it. For there is no other except that one here.” And David said, “ There is none like it; give it to me.””
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭21:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

David was fleeing for his life from King Saul and ended up in Nob with Ahimilech the priest.  He told Ahimilech that he didn’t have any weapons and asked if there was a sword or a spear he could use.  Ahimilech told David that the sword of Goliath happened to be right there in their presence.  God had preserved the most special sword David could possibly own for his time of greatest need.

Application:

God is never taken by surprise.  He has exactly what we need waiting on us when we get there.  He knows exactly what we need to give us courage and faith to continue on.  God has a way of bringing people and things from your past at just the right time to encourage your faith in Him.  He is incredible and always has a backup plan.  When we are struggling and we don’t see the hand of God working on our behalf, we can rest assured that God always has a backup plan.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for showing me this today.  Thank You for reminding me that You know exactly where I am and what I need for each day.  You are amazing and I love You with all my heart.  Help me to walk out the life of faith day by day and to reflect Your glory.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment