Friday, May 8, 2020

Subduing Enemies

Scripture:

“So the Philistines were subdued, and they did not come anymore into the territory of Israel. And the hand of the LORD was against the Philistines all the days of Samuel.”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭7:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Samuel was in charge as a judge in Israel, their enemies did not come into their territory and the hand of the Lord was against them all the days of Samuel.  Samuel was a man of God who committed to and followed the Lord all the days of his life.  He didn’t bend or bow, but did whatever the Lord spoke to him to do.  Because of his obedience, there was peace under his rule and the Lord took care of his enemies.

Application:

Subduing our enemies has nothing to do with our ability to battle and prove we are right, but has everything to do with walking with the Lord.  When we walk with God, our enemies will be taken care of by Him.  Rather than fighting our enemies and defending ourselves, the best thing we can do is focus on our walk with God and submission to Him, then He will take care of our enemies and bring peace into our lives.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are awesome and majestic!  You are all-powerful!  I want to walk with You day in and day out.  I want to have fellowship with You and be led by Your Spirit.  Guide me, teach me, and let me trust that You will be my defender and protector.  Help me to go after You while You take care of those against me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment