Saturday, May 16, 2020

Hearing Clearly

Scripture:

“It happened after this that David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I go up to any of the cities of Judah?” And the LORD said to him, “Go up.” David said, “Where shall I go up?” And He said, “To Hebron.””
‭‭II Samuel‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

After the death of Saul, David inquired of the LORD whether he should go up to any cities of Judah.  The LORD said, “Go up.”  Then David asked, “Where shall I go up?”  The LORD answered “to Hebron.”  David had a very clear conversation with the LORD.  He heard the voice fo the LORD clearly.

Application:

My heart’s desire is to clearly hear the voice of the LORD.  I get very jealous when I hear stories like this in the Bible because it seems they heard the voice of the LORD extremely clearly.  I long to hear clearly what the LORD is saying.  In times like this with the Coronavirus, I want to hear what God has to say about it, but I don’t hear with accuracy.  My desire is to tune in and hear what God is saying concerning every area of my life.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear Your voice.  I long to do what You want me to do, but I must hear before I can act.  I know You are speaking.  Help me to tune in and hear clearly Your words.  I want to talk with You as Moses and David did.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment