Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Honored by God

Scripture:

“Therefore the LORD God of Israel says: ‘I said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before Me forever.’ But now the LORD says: ‘Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭2:30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Samuel had been given to the Lord by his mother to grow up in the presence of the Lord with the priests.  Eli’s sons, Hophni and Phinehas, were not serving the Lord properly as priests and Samuel was beginning to honor the Lord.  God chose Samuel, who was not from the priestly line, over Hophni and Phinehas.  The Lord said, “Those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.”

Application:

When our lives honor the Lord, He will honor us.  When we do not walk in His ways and do what He says, He has no obligation to us.  God honors those who honor Him.  He takes care of those who put Him first and desire to live according to His ways instead of their own.  As for me, I would rather have the Lord honor my life than anyone else.  Therefore, I will honor the Lord with my life.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring You honor and praise.  Let me walk before You all the days of my life in honor of Your name.  Let the life I live show forth Your goodness.  Open my ears to hear Your voice and let Your will be done in my life.  I want to bring honor to You and Your kingdom.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment