Monday, May 11, 2020

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

Scripture:

“Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give you into our hands.””
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭17:47‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

David understood at a young age that God doesn’t fight battles like we do.  He knew that God would show the assembly that wars are not won by swords and spears, but by the LORD.  God always works in and through people, but in ways that nobody can deny are His doing.  God will fight our battles if He knows He will receive the honor.

Application:

I have always loved the way that David left things in God’s hands instead of trying to do things on his own.  I want to have complete trust and faith that my God will come through every single time.  I long to see God do things that no man can do so I can show others what the LORD has done.  I want my natural response to be “the battle belongs to the LORD” instead of “Oh no, what are we going to do?”

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Teach me to walk in complete confidence in You and Your word.  Help me to not fight for myself, but to trust You at all times.  I will always give You the honor and praise You deserve.  I am Yours and belong to You and You alone.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment