Saturday, May 9, 2020

Keep Your Heart Pure

Scripture:

“So it was, when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, that God gave him another heart; and all those signs came to pass that day.”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭10:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Samuel had gone to Saul to anoint him king over Israel.  Israel had cried out for a king so they could be like the other nations.  God didn’t like this at all.  He took it very personally that they wanted to put their trust in a human king instead of the LORD.  In this passage, it says that God gave Saul another heart.  God gave Saul the right heart to lead the people and to serve before Him.  Even though God gives you a new heart at salvation, you still have to make choices which can ruin that pure heart.

Application:

At salvation we receive a new heart, a pure heart.  Even though God gives us the heart we need to serve Him all the days of our lives, it is our job to keep our heart clean before Him.  We must stay sensitive and submissive to the Holy Spirit.  We must stay washed in the Word because it is easy to drift away from the heart God gave us at salvation.  He gives us all we need for life and godliness, but we can still do our own thing if we want to.  We have a free will.

Prayer:

Father, help me to stay in tune with You at all times.  Speak to me and renew my heart today and every day.  Let my heart remain pure before You and let it not be led any other direction.  Guide my steps and my path.  Show me daily what steps I need to take.  Let me live out of the heart You gave me and not my own desires.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment