Saturday, May 2, 2020

Set Your Mind

Scripture:

“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Romans here that those who live according to the flesh SET THEIR MINDS on things of the flesh, but those who live by the Spirit, THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT.  Colossians tells us to SET OUR MINDS on heavenly things.

Application:

I want my mind to be SET on the things of God and His Spirit at all times.  I think of setting a timer or setting an oven to a certain temperature.  Once you set it, you know it will be focused on that one thing until the alarm goes off saying it has reached its time.  We must set our minds on the things of the Spirit until that final trumpet sounds and our time on earth is done.

Prayer:

Father, let my mind be SET on You at all times.  Help me to walk out each day focused on the things of God.  Teach me to live life in step with You at all times.  Help me not to lock in on the things of this world, but the things of Your Spirit.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment