Sunday, May 10, 2020

Little in Your Own Eyes

Scripture:

“So Samuel said, “When you were little in your own eyes, were you not head of the tribes of Israel? And did not the LORD anoint you king over Israel?”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭15:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Samuel had anointed Saul to be king.  Saul had not followed the LORD as he was suppose to do.  He had taken several things into his own hands and did what he wanted to do instead of what the LORD wanted him to do.  Rather than obeying the word of the LORD, Saul had been allowing himself to be persuaded by men.  Samuel said to him, “when you were little in your own eyes, were you not the head of the tribes of Israel?”

Application:

God can only use those who “are little in their own eyes.”  He loves to raise up those who have humbled themselves before Him.  What He does not like is those who think they know better than He does.  God always elevates the humble and brings down the proud.  When we feel we can make things happen on our own, we are in dangerous territory.  We must submit and follow the LORD our God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see what You are doing and to hear Your words.  I want to follow You well and lead well in my generation.  Help me not to think I can do anything apart from You.  Help me not to lean on or own understanding, but to acknowledge You in all my ways.  Let me not think more of myself or lean on the arm of the flesh.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment