Friday, May 29, 2020

Largeness of Heart

Scripture:

“And God gave Solomon wisdom and exceedingly great understanding, and largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore.”
‭‭I Kings‬ ‭4:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon is known as the wisest man ever.  It was a God-given wisdom that was remarkable.  Rulers of other nations came just to see the incredible wisdom he ruled his country with.  There was one other aspect that isn’t talked about concerning Solomon.  Here it says God gave him “largeness of heart like the sand on the seashore.”  Solomon had a big heart.

Application:

I love this description of Solomon and when I think about it, I want to be known for having a big heart.  When I think of people with a big heart, I think of people who love others and serve others well.  When I think of someone with a big heart, I think of someone who does all they can to improve things for those around them.  Generally, someone with a big heart is also generous.  I want to live a big-hearted life.

Prayer:

Father, give me a big heart.  Give me a big heart for You and Your people.  Help me to live out of my passionate heart for the extension of Your Kingdom around the world.  Let me always be generous, giving, loving and kind.  Enlarge my heart and my capacity to use it for Your glory.  Give me a heart that reflects Your heart.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment