Thursday, May 28, 2020

Living in God’s Blessing

Scripture:

“And keep the charge of the LORD your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn;”
‭‭I Kings‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

King David was ready to die and Solomon was prepared to take over the kingdom.  As one of the his final acts, David speaks to his son about how to rule well and live a prosperous life.  He told his son to keep the charge of the LORD, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commands, His judgments, and His testimonies, so he could prosper in everything he was going to do and at every turn.

Application:

David showed Solomon the path to living a blessed life.  When we walk before the LORD and follow His ways instead of our own, we will be blessed.  God takes care of those who are committed to Him and His purposes.  When we live in God’s ways, we get God results and His blessings.  I want to live in the blessing of the LORD and see His goodness.  I also long to see my sons walk in the path of the LORD.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to live a life that please You and to walk according to Your plans and purposes.  Teach me Your word, that I may life it out.  Let my sons follow in my the path You have set and let them be blessed.  Let me live in Your blessing all the days of my life.

Yours
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment