Monday, May 4, 2020

The Kingdom

Scripture:

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Here, Paul is telling the Romans about honoring each other’s convictions and not making them feel bad for their stance on what to eat or drink.  He adds to this conversation this verse which tells us that the kingdom of God is not about that, but about righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Application:

Amy I known more for my rules about what I can eat, drink, wear or say, or am I more known for righteousness, peace and joy?  I am a kingdom person and want to extend God’s kingdom all over the earth, but I want to represent Him well.  I don’t want to argue over what I am allowed to do or not to do and be saved, but want to bring righteousness, peace and joy everywhere I go.

Prayer:

Father, help me to not walk in legalism, but is righteousness.  Let me be led by Your Spirit and not the rules and regulations of man.  Teach me to walk in peace and joy, which the world needs so badly to see an example of.  Let my life bring peace and joy to those around me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment