Thursday, May 14, 2020

May God Repay

Scripture:

“May the LORD repay every man for his righteousness and his faithfulness; for the LORD delivered you into my hand today, but I would not stretch out my hand against the LORD’s anointed.”
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭26:23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

David had a second opportunity here to kill Saul, who was hunting David down to kill him.  David refused to kill Saul when he had the opportunity.  He refused to put his hand against the person God had put in charge of Israel.  He did say to Saul, “May the LORD repay every man for his righteousness and his faithfulness.”  David knew that God kept good records and that his innocence would be defended by the LORD.

Application:

God watches over the righteous.  He will repay each one according to what they have done and how they have lived their lives.  Righteousness and faithfulness will be rewarded by the LORD.  He watches over those who love Him and serve Him well.  When we are in bad situations, rather than take things into our own hands, we would do better to leave it to the LORD and let Him defend the righteous.  He is our defender and He will do a better job than I can.

Prayer:

Father, You see everything that goes on.  Nothing gets past You and You keep good records.  Help me not to defend or fight for myself, but to trust that You will work on my behalf each and every day.  Teach me to walk in confidence that You will right the wrongs that have been done to me.  Help me to walk in faith concerning these areas of my life.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment