Sunday, May 24, 2020

Mere Men

Scripture:

“for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing here to the Corinthians and is telling them to move beyond envy, strife, favoritism, etc.  Then he goes on to say that there are divisions among them and they were acting like mere men, full of carnality.  I love the way Paul uses the words, “mere men”.  It brings sense that we are more than mere carnal men, and division makes us less than that.

Application:

I don’t want to live like a mere man, in division, discord, envy, jealousy, etc.  I want to live a better life than that.  God has a better life for me than that os mere men.  I want to live higher than mere men and walk in unity and humility at a greater level.  I don’t want to act like mere men, but as a godly man filled with the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live like You want me to .  Let me focus on the right things and not to function like a mere man, but as a godly, Spirit-filled man.  Let my heart and mind be on You and not on the things of this world.  Help me to walk in humility before You all the days of my life and to reflect Your glory to this world.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment