Monday, May 25, 2020

The Call

Scripture:

“For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭9:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul told the Corinthians that he had nothing to boast of concerning preaching the Gospel because it was laid on him as a necessity.  In other words, he didn’t have a choice in the matter.   He took it one step farther and said, “Woe is me if I do tho preach the gospel.”  Woe is a strong word that says he was in trouble with God if he didn’t preach the gospel.

Application:

Many people have told me through that years that I should do something else with my life because of the hurt involved in ministry and the price that you end up paying.  They generally know others who have left ministry and done very well for themselves.  As for me, I have never felt I had a choice in the matter.  I feel a strong, “Woe is me if I don’t preach the Gospel.”  I feel strongly that I don’t really have an option, but I understand what Paul said.  As for me I am gonna keep on preaching this gospel until God gives me another assignment and releases the burden.

Prayer:

Father, I am Yours and will always be Your first and foremost.  Have Your way in my life.  I will say yes to You always.  Teach me to complete my calling well and to represent You well to people.  Give me to grace to finish strong.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment