Friday, June 1, 2018

For David's Sake

Scripture:

I Kings 15:4-5 "But for David's sake, the Lord his God allowed his descendants to continue ruling, shining like a lamp, and he gave Abijam a son to rule after him in Jerusalem.  For David had done what was pleasing in the Lord's sight and had obeyed the Lord's commands throughout his life, except in the affair concerning Uriah the Hittite."

Observation:

God kept his word to David by having one of his descendants on the throne of Judah.  He didn't do this because his descendants were good people who followed the Lord fully, but because He had made a promise to David.  God keeps His word and will do what He says He will do.  David's faithfulness to God caused the blessing to flow throughout his generations.

Application:

I want the Lord to say, "For Jeff's sake, I'm going to do this certain thing in his family".  I want to live a life that would make the Lord want to bless my children and grandchildren.  I want my family blessed because I walked with the Lord. 

Prayer:

Father, bless my children and let them know You intimately.  Develop them into mighty men of God above all else in their lives.  Let them know that they are blessed because dad had a covenant with God.  For my sake Lord, bless my wife and children.   For my sake Lord, bless Word of Life and bring revival to my region.

Your Son and Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment