Monday, June 25, 2018

Response to God’s Presence

Scripture:

II Chronicles 7:3. “When all the people of Israel saw the fire coming down and the glorious presence of the Lord filling the Temple, they fell face down on the ground and worshiped and praised the Lord, saying, “He is good! His faithful love endures forever!”

Observation:

Solomon had just completed the temple that was built to honor the Lord.  When his dedication prayer was finished, fire flashed from heaven and consumed the sacrifice and the glory of the Lord filled the Temple.  When that happened, the people fell face down on the ground and worshiped.

Application:

When the glory of the Lord really shows up in a place, people will automatically fall on their faces in worship of the Lord.  I want to see the glory of the Lord more and more these days.  I want God to do what nobody could get credit for.  I want the presence of God in our services to be so strong that all the people fall on their faces in worship.  I long for the glory of the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to see your glory.  I want your glory in our church services, in my home and in my region.  I want to see another move of God.  I long for your presence and want Your kingdom to come and Your will to be done in my life, my church, and my region.

I’m Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment