Friday, June 29, 2018

We are Helpless

Scripture:

II Chronicles 20:12. “O our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.””
‭‭
Observation:

Judah realized that three armies were on their way to attack them.  They did what was right and called a fast and prayed to the God of heaven.  In their prayer, they said, “We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us...we are looking to you for help.”  Those are the greatest words we can pray when things are not going well for us.

Application:

Our natural thought process tells us that we have to face our challenges on our own and that there is no way we can win against our enemies.  When things are going bad, we cannot give up, rather, that is the time to seek the Lord.  He can do far more than we can anyway.  God still moves on behalf of those who seek Him.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to humble myself before You.  I realize I am helpless without You intervening in my life.  I need you so much.  Please come and move in my life, my church, my family, and my region.  Show me what I need to do and I will follow it.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment