Monday, June 11, 2018

Pledged to the Covenant

Scripture:

II Kings 23:3  "The king took his place of authority beside the pillar and renewed the covenant in the Lord's presence.  He pledged to obey the Lord by keeping all his commands, laws, and decrees with all his heart and soul.  In this way, he confirmed all the terms of the covenant that were written in the scroll, and all the people pledged themselves to the covenant."

Observation:

When Josiah read the word of the Lord, he was so convicted about the state of his nation, he wore sackcloth and ashes and began a massive campaign to return to the Lord.  He had a tender heart toward the Lord and a backbone of steel.  He followed the Lord with all his heart when he turned to the Lord, he turned hard.

Application:

I want to be a man after God's own heart who does what God wants in every area.  I want to live out my life as a passionate pursuit of the God's will. 

Prayer:

Father, let me live out my life in passionate pursuit of Your will.  Help me to follow You completely.  May Your Kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.  Let others join me in the pursuit.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment