Saturday, June 16, 2018

Overcoming Your Labels

Scripture:

I Chronicles 4:9. “There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful.”
‭‭
Observation:

This passage says that Jabez was more honorable than any of his brothers.  His mother named him Jabez because the pain giving birth to him was terrible.  He was labeled as one who brings pain, but he was still more honorable than any of his brothers.  He could have had excuses for his behavior, but he didn’t use them.  He walked right before the Lord and lived and honorable life.

Application:

When your name refers to the pain you brought your mother, most people would be bitter, angry, and frustrated.  Jabez was honorable, though he was labeled as one who brought pain.  We have a choice in our lives about whether we will live honorable or we will make excuses.  We must choose honor, then we will be blessed.

Prayer:

Father, let me live an honorable life before You.  Forgive me for making excuses.  Help me to not accept making excuses, but to achieve all You have marked out for me.  Help me to overcome the labels in my life.

Your Son (which is my greatest label),
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment