Monday, June 4, 2018

If I Am

Scripture:

II Kings 1:10 "But Elijah replied, 'If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and destroy you and your fifty men!' Then fire fell from heaven and killed them all."

Observation:

Elijah was such a man of God that he wasn't afraid to put it to the test.  He had confidence in his walk with God that caused him to be extremely confident.  Confidence in God comes from walking with Him and knowing he will back up your words.

Application:

I want to be a man of God above all else.  When people think of my life and I am remembered, I want people to say simply, "he was a man of God".  I also want to raise my level of faith, trust and confidence in God.  I want to be able to make comments like this and know God would back it up.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk with You and trust You in my life.  Let me hear Your voice clearly and walk accordingly.  Your are my everything.  You are my source of life.  Everything I have comes from You and You direct my steps.  Help me to follow You better.  Live in me and let me become the man of God You want me to be.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment