Thursday, June 21, 2018

A True Leader

Scripture:

I Chronicles 21:17. “And David said to God, “I am the one who called for the census! I am the one who has sinned and done wrong! But these people are as innocent as sheep—what have they done? O Lord my God, let your anger fall against me and my family, but do not destroy your people.””
‭‭
Observation:

Israel was being judged for David’s disobedience.  He had taken a census of the people in his kingdom and God was not pleased.  God was bringing judgment on the land because of the census.  David rose up before the Lord and said this was his fault and not to judge the people for his sin.  He asked for God’s anger to be taken out against him and his family instead of the nation.

Application:

Many times as a leader it is easier to not tell the whole truth of why things are happening the way they are.  Real leaders own up to their mistakes and take responsibility for their actions.  Just like David, I know I need to own up to my weaknesses and take responsibility for my mistakes instead of covering them up.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be a leader who stands before You and takes responsibility for my actions.  Help me to never hide my mistakes or blame others, but to own up to them and to pay the price for them.  Help me to be a leader after Yoru own heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment