Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Clear Direction

Scripture:

I Chronicles 14:14. “And once again David asked God what to do. “Do not attack them straight on,” God replied. “Instead, circle around behind and attack them near the poplar trees.”

Observation:

David walked with the Lord and I love the way he and the Lord communicated.  He always had clear direction from the God.  This says that David asked God what to do and the Lord spoke exactly what to do.  It appears from this text and others that David heard very clearly and very directly, exactly what the Lord wanted him to do.

Application:

We now have the Holy Spirit residing within us and the voice of the Lord should be clearer than what David had, but I know I don’t hear as clearly as I should.  I want clear direction from the Lord.  I want to hear His voice clearly and accurately.  I don’t want to miss out on what God has for my life and I don’t want to lead in a way He doesn’t want me to go.  I want my ears open to hear clearly.

Prayer:

Lord, You know my heart and my constant prayer.  I want to hear Your clearly so I can lead my family, my church, and the people You have entrusted to me.  Speak to me Lord.  I will follow Your words.  Let me hear clearly what You want in every decision in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment