Saturday, June 2, 2018

Troublemaker

Scripture:

I Kings 18:17 "When Ahab saw him, he exclaimed, 'So, is it really you, you troublemaker of Israel?'"

Observation:

Elijah had been calling Israel back to God and speaking out on God's behalf.  He was giving God's message to them and they didn't want to hear it.  Finally, he was before king Ahab and Ahab calls him the troublemaker of Israel.

Application:

Sometimes a generation doesn't want to hear a word from the Lord and they react by calling you names and opposing you.  Elijah wasn't popular with the king because he was declaring the word of the Lord and calling out Israel's sins.  There will be times when we must stand up and declare the word of the Lord, even when it seems we are not accepted.  Real faith is strong when nobody wants to hear your words and they call you a troublemaker.  For me, it would be a great honor to be called a troublemaker because I was speaking on the Lord's behalf.

Prayer:

Father, give me strength to stand up and speak when You want me to.  Help me not to fear men, but to fear You alone.  Work through my life to bring trouble into the enemy's camp.  I offer myself to You today.  Work in me and through me.  Let me be your voice, whether that is a troublemaker or a peace bringer.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment