Friday, June 22, 2018

Obed-Edom

Scripture:

I Chronicles 26:5-6. “Ammiel (the sixth), Issachar (the seventh), and Peullethai (the eighth). God had richly blessed Obed-edom. Obed-edom’s son Shemaiah had sons with great ability who earned positions of great authority in the clan.”
‭‭
Observation:

The ark of God rested for a while at the home of Obed Edom.  When David brought the ark back to Jerusalem, GOd didn’t forget Ebed Edom.  It says here that God had richly blessed him and his sons had great ability and earned positions of great authority in the clan.  He and his family were mightily blessed because they knew how to host the presence of the Lord.

Application:

Just as Obed Edom and his family were incredibly blessed because they knew how to host the presence of God, God wants to bless those today who long for His presence and spend time with Him.  He richly blesses those who practice the presence of God.  Authority in the kingdom comes from time in His presence.  As for me, I want more time in His presence and I want to host Him well.

Prayer:

Father, as I draw near to You, You promised to draw near to me.  I am Yours.  Cleanse me, mold me, fill me, use me for Your purposes.  Let me be a carrier of Your presence and a host of Your presence.  Help me to be the man of God You want me to be.  I long for the courts of the Lord.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment