Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Men of God See What Others Don't

Scripture:

II Kings 5:26 "But Elisha asked him, 'Don't you realize that I was there in spirit when Naaman stepped down from his chariot to meet you?' Is this the time to receive money and clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and cattle, and male and female servants?'"

Observation:

When Elisha refused to accept payment for healing Naaman, his servant Gehazi chased Naaman down and decided to take payment anyway.  When he returned, the man of God asked him where he was.  He said nowhere, but the man of God knew exactly what had happened and told him about it.  Then the man of God had leprosy put on Gehazi from that day forward.

Application:

A real man of God sees what others don't see.  A real man of God says, "I was there in spirit and saw the whole thing".  Elisha was a man of God who walked with God in a powerful way.  The Lord spoke to him and showed him things that others weren't seeing.  I want to be a man of God like that.  I want to know the Lord's voice and see what others are not seeing because I walk with the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, You know I have always had a desire to be a man of God that walks with You, hears from You and sees what You see.  I want to have a close relationship with You.  Beyond being a good husband, father, pastor, etc. I want to be a man of God who knows his God and does exploits.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment