Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Overwhelmed

Scripture:

II Corinthians 1:8-9 “We think you ought to know, dear brothers and sisters, about the trouble we went through in the province of Asia. We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.”

Observation:

Paul was writing to the Corinthians here and told them about how hard of a time they had come through and how they didn’t think they would ever come, but would die.  They were overwhelmed, but in that time they stopped relying on themselves and learned to rely on God who raises the dead.  In other words, if they were to die, God could raise them up.

Application:

When things are not going well and I don’t know what to do, I need to put my trust in the God who raises the dead.  I need to walk in faith and confidence that God is able to bring me out of any situation that comes up in my life.  When I feel overwhelmed, I want to respond like Paul did.

Prayer:

Lord, when I am feeling overwhelmed, help me to lean on the one who raises the dead.  When I don’t know what to do, teach me to lean in closer to You.  Help me to live a life of faith and obedience.  I want to trust You more and more every day.

Yours,
Jeff
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment