Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Wisdom Comes With Years

 Scripture:

II Chronicles 10:13-14. “But Rehoboam spoke harshly to them, for he rejected the advice of the older counselors and followed the counsel of his younger advisers. He told the people, “My father laid heavy burdens on you, but I’m going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!””
‭‭
Observation:

Rehoboam had everything set up for him to continue the line of David and to rule the greatest kingdom ever.  All he had to do was follow his father and grandfather’s ways.  When he needed advice, instead of listening to his father’s counselors, we found some young guys who said what he wanted to hear and the unbelievable kingdom of his father was torn apart.

Application:

Good advice is seldom what you want to hear.  Usually good advice comes from people who are older and wiser than you are.  Usually it is something that is going to cost you to implement, but in the long run, good counsel always wins.  Listening to the wise instead of doing what you feel is good, is hard to do, but pays great dividends.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for putting wise people around me.  Help me to listen to their advice and to walk in it.  Help me not to think I know everything.  Teach me to seek out those who walk in wisdom before making major decisions.  More than anything, I want to follow You well.  That is most important to me.

I Am Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment