Sunday, June 24, 2018

God Blesses When Our Heart is Right

Scripture:

II Chronicles 1:11-12. “God said to Solomon, “Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people— I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested. But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future!””
‭‭
Observation:

Solomon had the opportunity to ask anything he wanted from the Lord.  He chose to ask for wisdom to rule God’s people well.   Because he asked for the right thing, God decided to give him far more than what he asked for.  Because his heart was right, God decided to give him wealth, honor, and incredible fame.

Application:

When God gives us the test of what we want, we must have the right reply.  We must have the right heart if we want to really see the blessing of God.  We can’t be after money, fame and honor.  We must be after what God wants, then He will bless us with the other.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I love You.  Let my heart be pure before You always.  You are my everything.  Help me to follow You completely and to fulfill Your will for my life.  Bless my family and let us all walk in Your ways.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment